New Zealand wool is not only natural and renewable, it is the most durable fiber you can use in a carpet.
- The wool fiber is shaped like roofing tile. This is mother nature at her best, making the animals hair naturally keep dirt closer to the surface of the fiber.
- Wool is naturally resilient – Its natural properties helps it bounce back with spring like qualities, making it crush proof as well.
- Natural water repelling characteristics allowing carpet fibers to retain some moisture. Inherently this carpet resists static build up.
- The same high moisture content makes it fire resistant. Perfect for formal areas that frequently use large numbers of candles or have large fire places.
- Well maintained wool carpet, absorbs dirt and dust, fumes and increasing the quality of your indoor air and lowering noise pollution caused by busy families and hustling of everyday business.
New Zealand wool is the perfect match for American Carpet Manufacturer Bloomsburg Carpet. There has been no use of internationally banned pesticides on New Zealand Sheep since 1993. Pesticide methods in New Zealand have changed, making the sheep industry there one of the world’s Greenest animal production systems. New Zealand wool is also known to be the whitest, cleanest wool in the world. The importance of wool being whiter is that this wool fiber has the ability to accept dies better. Providing endless choices for color range and pattern diversity in finished carpeting.
It is vital to remember when purchasing wool carpets, that it is best to choose a high quality carpet cushion due to the expected longevity of the carpet. A good quality padding will not only feel better underfoot but will help silence foot traffic. You should also remember that it is best to choose a highly qualified installation team who has the experience of installing wool carpets. Wool is also energy-efficient. It uses between one-third and one-sixth of the energy required to produce nylon or polypropylene fibers. Because wool such a good insulator it also helps reduce heating and cooling costs. No matter what weave or pattern you choose, wool carpet made in the USA is a great choice for any home or office.